Emulsions and creams are colloidal systems commonly used in a number of industries including food, pharmaceutical, consumer products, petrochemicals and specialty chemicals. They consist of one phase dispersed in a continuous liquid phase and are thermodynamically unstable.
Malvern provide a range of easy to use particle size, zeta potential and rheological instrumentation which can be used in the study of emulsion and cream systems across a wide range of industries. These systems and our industry and application knowledge can be used to:
- Reduce emulsion/cream formulation time
- Optimize emulsion/cream formulations
- Understand the breakdown of emulsions/creams over time or under stress conditions
- Investigate the influence of temperature, vibrations (e.g. transportation effects) and time on product performance
- Optimize product efficacy
- Improve the stability and quality of emulsion/cream formulations
- Ensure optimum product and process performance
- Decrease the time required to bring new materials to market.