Designed with the needs of a busy QC lab in mind, the FPIA 3000 makes size and shape analysis of particles in suspension a straightforward and routine task. All of the sample preparation, measurement and cleaning can be taken care of by the instrument itself. Equally the unparalleled image quality and flexible software makes it a highly effective R&D tool.
- Measures materials from 0.8µm to 300µm.
- Fully automated analysis and self-cleaning in approximately 2.5 minutes.
- Unique sheath flow technology keeps even the smallest particles in sharp focus.
- Simple easy-to-use operation, ideal for routine QC analysis.
- In-built sonication option for difficult to disperse samples.
How it works
Using the FPIA 3000 is an extremely simple 3 step process:
- The user adds their sample in the form of an aqueous or non-aqueous suspension to the instrument using a pipette: typically between 1-5ml of sample is required.
- The measurement, data analysis and instrument cleaning all run automatically via an electronic SOP to ensure consistent results time after time.
- Further data analysis, report printing and data export can be performed after the measurement if required.
- Dynamic flow particle imaging.
- Particle size:
- 0.8µm – 300µm.*
- Particle properties measured:
- Size, Shape, Transparency.
- Dispersion mechanism:
- Stirred with ultrasound option.
- Particle flow:
- Hydrodynamic focused sheath flow.
- Sheath liquid (standard):
- Aqueous ‘Particle Sheath Reagent’, methanol, ethanol, isopropyl alcohol, ethylene glycol solution (25%)
- Sheath liquid (solvent option):
- Compatible with most commonly used solvent dispersants such as: Toluene, Acetone, Heptane and Hexane
- Maximum Measurement Time:
- < 3 minutes including self-cleaning cycle.
- Light source:
- White light, brightfield, 60Hz strobe.
- CCD array.
- 10x (standard): 1.5µm – 40µm High power (x2) 8µm – 160µm Low power (x0.5)
20x(option): 0.8µm – 20µm High power (x2) 4µm – 80µm Low power (x0.5)
5x(option): 3µm – 80µm High power (x2) 16µm – 300µm Low power (x0.5)
- Dimensions (W, D, H):
- 900mm x 475mm x 455mm
- 100/240 v, 50/60 Hz
- Operating temperature (°C):
- +15 to +30 °C
- 30–85% RH
- Regulatory testing:
- Sample dependent
When you purchase a Malvern product we understand that this is just the first stage of a working relationship that will last for the lifetime of the instrument. Some customers just need to ask an occasional question or to download a software upgrade, whilst others require a comprehensive support contract with priority call out and fixed cost of ownership. Whatever your situation Malvern will provide the right support for you.
- Telephone and email support.
- Operators who take responsibility for your call and ensure your query is answered.
- On Site training courses
- Classroom training
- Application notes
- Technical notes
- On demand presentations
- Live webinars
- A simple mechanism for receiving updates and new features
Platinum and Gold Service Contracts
- Protection from the cost of downtime
- No time lost in obtaining help when you need it
- Fixed cost of ownership
Bronze Service Agreements
- Protect the value of your investment
- Reduce the risk of downtime
- Protect the validity of your data