Application solutions for the biotechnology industry
Biotechnology refers to the use or manipulation of biological mechanisms and cellular function to engineer a predefined outcome or product. Common examples of application areas within the biotechnology field include protein engineering, monoclonal antibody production, genetic enginery, gene therapeutics, and functionalized nanoparticles. The integration of biotechniques into the product discovery, development, and manufacturing phases has revolutionized the pharmaceutical and nanotech industries, and has led to the discovery of new drugs, improved the quality and efficiency of end products, and increased yields obtained during manufacturing processes.
Malvern provides a range of easy to use particle & material characterization technologies which are routinely used within the biotechnology arena to:
- Measure the size, mass, and charge of proteins and nanoparticles
- Quantify oligomeric distributions and % purity
- Detect aggregates
- Identify sub-visible particulates
- Monitor the viscosity and rheological properties of high concentration formulations
- Optimize product performance & efficacy
- Improve the stability of formulations
- Optimize manufacturing and process conditions, leading to improved product yields.