Energy and Environment
Material characterization for the energy and environment industry.
The energy and environment sectors rely on materials, whether these are common, such as sand for water treatment, or highly engineered, e.g. complex lithium compounds for the fastest battery technologies. However the performance of these various materials will depend on their physical properties. Material characterization is therefore critical to providing optimized solutions across the energy and environment industry.
Malvern’s systems for particle size, particle shape, rheology, zeta-potential, and molecular weight measurement are widely used throughout the energy industry and environment industry.
Whether you are interested in solids, suspensions, gels, or solutions, Malvern’s systems can help;
- Increase battery capacity and charging speed.
- Control the porosity in a fuel cell electrode.
- Optimize rheology for screen printing in fuel and solar cells.
- Improve the efficiency of solar cell wafer manufacture.
- Understand the slurry pumping transport properties for nuclear waste and water treatment.
- Rapidly determine soil texture.
- Optimize water treatment protocols.
Malvern solutions for Energy and Environment
Access application notes, webinars, videos and more.Register now
The benefits of using the Mastersizer 3000 have exceeded our expectations and have helped us to achieve our goals in creating precise, stable particle size distributions across all of our product lines"
- Chad Goodwin, EnerG2