Cost effective wet QC analysis.
The Mastersizer Micro particle size analyzer is a cost-effective, small foot-print system, designed for use as a QC tool for wet sample measurements.
Simple operation, robust construction and relatively small footprint have made the Micro very popular for offshore and mineral exploration applications.
- Measures wet suspensions from 0.3µm to 300µm.
- Simple SOP operation.
- Compact footprint.
- Sample dispersion in 600ml or 1000ml laboratory beakers.
- Ultrasonic probe for sample dispersion.
How it works
The Mastersizer Micro uses the technique of laser diffraction to measure the size of particles. It does this by measuring the intensity of light scattered as a laser beam passes through a dispersed particulate sample. This data is then analyzed to calculate the size of the particles that created the scattering pattern.
A typical system is made up of three main elements:
- Optical bench - A dispersed sample passes though the measurement area of the optical bench, where a laser beam illuminates the particles. A series of detectors then accurately measure the intensity of light scattered by the particles within the sample over a wide range of angles.
- Sample dispersion units (accessories). Sample dispersion is controlled by an integrated wet dispersion unit. This ensures the particles are delivered to the measurement area of the optical bench at the correct concentration and in a suitable, stable state of dispersion.
- Instrument software. The Mastersizer Micro software controls the system during the measurement process and analyzes the scattering data to calculate a particle size distribution.
- Mie theory of laser light scattering
- Size range:
- 0.3 - 300 µm *
- 3% (polydisperse standard)**
- 3% (polydisperse standard)
- 500 (w) x 560 (h) x 325 (d) mm
- 32 kg
- Supply voltage:
- 100/240 v, 50/60 Hz
- * Sample and sample preparation dependent.
- ** Accuracy defined for the recovery of the mean size
of a narrow log-normal distribution. Sample and
sample preparation dependant.