Rapid particle size and shape analysis of suspensions
The Sysmex FPIA 3000 is a fully automated dynamic flow particle imaging instrument for the rapid and reliable measurement of the shape and size of particles in suspension.
Designed with the needs of a busy QC lab in mind, the FPIA 3000 makes size and shape analysis of particles in suspension a straightforward and routine task. All of the sample preparation, measurement and cleaning can be taken care of by the instrument itself. Equally the unparalleled image quality and flexible software makes it a highly effective R&D tool.
- Measures materials from 0.8µm to 300µm.
- Fully automated analysis and self-cleaning in approximately 2.5 minutes.
- Unique sheath flow technology keeps even the smallest particles in sharp focus.
- Simple easy-to-use operation, ideal for routine QC analysis.
- In-built sonication option for difficult to disperse samples.
How it works
Using the FPIA 3000 is an extremely simple 3 step process:
(1) The user adds their sample in the form of an aqueous or non-aqueous suspension to the instrument using a pipette: typically between 1-5ml of sample is required.
(2) The measurement, data analysis and instrument cleaning all run automatically via an electronic SOP to ensure consistent results time after time.
(3) Further data analysis, report printing and data export can be performed after the measurement if required.
FPIA 3000 key specifications.
- Dynamic flow particle imaging.
- Particle Size Range:
- 0.8µm – 300µm.*
- Particle properties measured:
- Size, Shape, Transparency.
- Sample dispersion:
- Stirred with ultrasound option.
- Particle flow:
- Hydrodynamic focused sheath flow.
- Sheath liquid (standard):
- Aqueous ‘Particle Sheath Reagent’, methanol, ethanol, isopropyl alcohol, ethylene glycol solution (25%)
- Sheath liquid (solvent option):
- Compatible with most commonly used solvent dispersants such as: Toluene, Acetone, Heptane and Hexane
- Typical measurement time:
- < 3 minutes including self-cleaning cycle.
- White light, brightfield, 60Hz strobe.
- CCD array.
|Lens size ranges||High power (x2)||Low power (x0.5)|
|10x (standard)||1.5µm – 40µm||8µm – 160µm|
|20x(option)||0.8µm – 20µm||4µm – 80µm|
|5x(option)||3µm – 80µm||16µm – 300µm|
- Dimensions (main unit):
- 900(w) x 455(h) x 475(d)
- Supply voltage:
- 100/240 v, 50/60 Hz
- Operating temperature:
- +15 to +30 °C
- Humidity range:
- 30–85% RH
- *Sample dependent