Micelles and surfactants
Characterization of the particle size, zeta potential and rheological properties of micelles and surfactants.
Micelles are colloidal systems which are used in a wide range of industries including the pharmaceutical and consumer product sectors.
Malvern’s range of easy to use particle size, zeta potential and rheological instrumentation can be used in the study of micelles and surfactants across a wide range of industries. These systems and our industry and application knowledge can be used to:
- Characterize the particle size and charge of micelles.
- Monitor the association of charged micelles with oppositely charged molecules.
- Determine the critical micelle concentration of surfactants.
- Understand the influence of pH and other dispersant conditions on micelle size.
- Study the encapsulation of liquid-liquid systems.
- Determine micelle aggregation number.
- Study the influence of surfactant concentration and dispersant conditions on micelle size.
Products for Micelles & surfactants
- These systems measure:
- Zeta potential, particle size & molecular weight
- Particle size range:
- 0.3nm to 10µm
- Zeta potential size range:
- 0.38nm to 100µm
- Dispersion type:
- Dynamic light scattering, electrophoretic light scattering & static light scattering
- Equipment environment: