- Applications Specialist – Separations
- An opportunity has arisen for an Applications Specialist to join the Applications department to provide pre-sales and customer support services in the area of gel permeation chromatography (GPC) and size exclusion chromatography (SEC).
- Malvern, Worcestershire
About this position
Malvern Panalytical designs, manufactures, markets and supports advanced analytical instrumentation worldwide, across many industries, for the characterization of a wide variety of materials, producing instruments that deliver industrially relevant data for our customers.
Malvern Panalytical is proud to create an environment for its employees in which they can learn, be challenged and reach their maximum potential. We pride ourselves in supporting the continued professional development of all of our staff through training and further qualifications. Our strength has always been our people and their dedication to their work. Malvern Panalytical can offer the right candidates the ability to develop their knowledge and skills as well as good opportunities for future progression.
An opportunity has arisen for an Applications Specialist to join the Applications department to provide pre-sales and customer support services in the area of gel permeation chromatography (GPC) and size exclusion chromatography (SEC).
The successful candidate will have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Biochemistry or Chemistry.
The ideal candidate will:• Not require previous experience as training will be given, although previous laboratory experience with GPC and SEC or knowledge of polymer chemistry would be an advantage
• Be able to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team and also on their own initiative
• Have excellent problem solving skills
• Have good attention to detail
• Have excellent written and communication skills
• Have an awareness of their commercial impact on the business
• Have confidence in building relationships both internally and externally
A second major language would be of benefit.
This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a talented team within a successful company, with a competitive salary complimented by an excellent benefits package.
The position is based at our headquarters in Malvern, Worcestershire.
Please note that owing to the high number of applications received we will ordinarily only contact you if you are invited to interview. All data is processed in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act.
Malvern is an ethical employer and we ask candidates not to share confidential information about other organizations, including their current employer, during any interview for a position within our organisation.