- Bioscience Advocate - Discovery Sciences, EMEIA
- We are looking to recruit a Bioscience Advocate to work in close collaboration with our Consultants and our Bioscience customers to identify and demonstrate product solutions and capabilities that best support our customers’ challenges.
- Herrenberg, Germany
About this position
MalvernPANalytical designs, manufactures, markets and supports advanced analytical instrumentation worldwide, across many industries, for the characterization of a wide variety of materials, producing instruments that deliver industrially relevant data for our customers.
We are looking to recruit a Bioscience Advocate to work in close collaboration with our Consultants and our Bioscience customers to identify and demonstrate product solutions and capabilities that best support our customers’ challenges.
The overall responsibility of the Bioscience Advocate will be:
- To provide technical support for the solving of problems and issues with our customers and products in the Bioscience market focusing on Drug Discovery Processes in our customers’ business.
- To develop and document Malvern’s applications knowledge and expertise in the area of Bioscience.
- To provide advanced technical input to the sales process in direct and indirect sales channels.
- To provide assistance in solving non-routine customer measurement problems and to provide specialist training to customers and our sales organisations.
The successful candidate will hold a PhD in Biochemistry or Molecular Biology or have significant experience in the Bioscience industry sector.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have extensive laboratory experience with the ability to demonstrate our microcalorimetry range.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to confidently convey technical information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences.
- Possess good listening skills and the ability to translate what a customer says into what he needs.
- Have a proven ability at problem solving.
- Have the ability to work as a team and on their own initiative to achieve agreed objectives
- Have an acute awareness of their commercial impact upon the business.
- This role has extensive traveling throughout Germany; up to 50% of the time.
The position is ideally based in Herrenberg, Germany, but there may be some flexibility on location. Extensive national travel will be required. The candidate must hold a full EU driving licence and valid passport.
Malvern Instruments is proud to create an environment for its employees in which they can learn, be challenged and reach their maximum potential. We pride ourselves in supporting the continued professional development of all of our staff through training and further qualifications. Our strength has always been our people and their dedication to their work. Malvern Instruments can offer the right candidates the ability to develop their knowledge and skills as well as good opportunities for future progression.
Malvern PANalytical is at an exciting stage in its growth and as such can offer the right candidate the ability to develop their knowledge and skills as well as good opportunities for future progression.
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please send your CV with a covering letter clearly outlining why you feel you are the right candidate for this role, along with your salary expectations.
Please note that owing to the high number of applications received we will ordinarily only contact you if you are invited to interview. All data is processed in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act.
Malvern is an ethical employer and we ask candidates not to share confidential information about other organizations, including their current employer, during any interview for a position within our organization.