- Commercial Projects Manager – Sensors and Automation
- We are looking for a Commercial Projects Manager to join our Sales team. This role is responsible for driving the commercial aspects of our Sensors & Automation Projects and providing back office support to or global sales team. The successful candidate will also take day to day responsibility for managing and progressing the pipeline growth and successful completion of all related customer projects.
- Malvern, UK
About this position
Malvern Panalytical designs, manufactures, markets and supports advanced analytical instrumentation worldwide, across many industries, for the characterization of a wide variety of materials, producing instruments that deliver industrially relevant data for our customers.
Malvern Panalytical is proud to create an environment for its employees in which they can learn, be challenged and reach their maximum potential. We pride ourselves in supporting the continued professional development of all our staff through training and further qualifications. Our strength has always been our people and their dedication to their work.
We are looking for a Commercial Projects Manager to joinour Sales team.This role is responsiblefor driving the commercial aspects of our Sensors & Automation Projects and providing back office support to or global sales team. The successful candidate will also take day to day responsibility for managing and progressing the pipeline growth and successful completion of all related customer projects.Visits to customers, partners, regional offices and supplier sites may be required in order to achieve commercial objectives. This will involve UK and international travel and may account for up to 15% of working time.
We are looking for a dynamic professional with intuitive communications skills, solid project management and sound engineering and commercial judgement skills. A positive, “can do” attitude and high level of motivation to grow the business and achieve customer satisfaction is a must.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a Chartered Engineer and a member of an appropriate professional institution;
- Demonstrate a drive and commitment to maintain sales and seize opportunities to grow the business;
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, at all levels within the business and amongst project stakeholders;
- Have knowledge of current global compliance requirements, with expertise in European Directives and the ATEX directive and (associated harmonized standards) in particular;
- Have all round technical understanding of associated engineering disciplines including; mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, manufacturing engineering, control and automation, electrical installation, test and inspection;
- Leadership ability and experience to motivate and empower commercial team members;
- Refined negotiation skills with an ability to act as an arbiter, facilitator and influencer.
Although the position is based in Malvern, Worcestershire, some offsite visits will be required from time to time. A full UK driving license is therefore required.
This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a talented team within a successful company, with a competitive salary complimented by an excellent benefits package.
Please note that owing to the high number of applications received we will ordinarily only contact you if you are invited to interview. All data is processed in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act.
Malvern Panalytical is an ethical employer and we ask candidates not to share confidential information about other organizations, including their current employer, during any interview for a position within our organization.