- Commodity Lead Buyer
- We are looking for a Commodity Lead Buyer to join our Procurement team. This role is responsible for the global strategy for sheet metal and for managing the local supply chain for allocated suppliers. This is a fast-paced role which requires strong communication and organizational skills. Formal engineering training and experience of SAP ERP would be an advantage.
- Malvern, UK
About this position
Malvern Panalytical designs, manufactures, markets and supports advanced analytical instrumentation worldwide, across many industries, for the characterization of a wide variety of materials, producing instruments that deliver industrially relevant data for our customers.
Malvern Panalytical is proud to create an environment for its employees in which they can learn, be challenged and reach their maximum potential. We pride ourselves in supporting the continued professional development of all our staff through training and further qualifications. Our strength has always been our people and their dedication to their work.
We are looking for a Commodity Lead Buyer to joinour Procurement team.This role is responsibleforthe global strategy for sheet metal and for managing the local supply chain for allocated suppliers. This is a fast-paced role which requires strong communication and organizational skills. Formal engineering training and experience of SAP ERP would be an advantage.
The post-holder will also be responsible for the actioning of purchase requisitions and generating of purchase orders within SAP, and the communication and management of these purchase orders with suppliers through to final delivery. This will involve the resolving of relevant delivery, invoice and price discrepancies as required. The post-holder will also work on projects and the negotiation of pricing, as well as supporting the contract review / negotiation process with the Purchasing Manager.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Purchasing experience gained within a manufacturing environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to negotiate effectively;
- Good IT literacy;
- A pragmatic approach to investigating and resolving issues;
- Strong organizational skills;
- SAP ERP experience (desirable);
- Formal CIPS qualification (desirable).
Although the position is based in Malvern, Worcestershire, some offsite supplier visits will be required from time to time. A full UK driving license is therefore required.
This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a talented team within a successful company, with a competitive salary complimented by an excellent benefits package.
Please note that owing to the high number of applications received we will ordinarily only contact you if you are invited to interview. All data is processed in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act.
Malvern Panalytical is an ethical employer and we ask candidates not to share confidential information about other organizations, including their current employer, during any interview for a position within our organization.