- Senior Applications Development Scientist
- We have an opportunity for a Senior Applications Development Scientist to join a dynamic team of engineers and scientists developing innovative scientific instrumentation, reporting to the R&D leader within the development group.
About this position
Malvern Panalytical designs, manufactures, markets and supports advanced analytical instrumentation worldwide, across many industries, for the characterization of a wide variety of materials, producing instruments that deliver industrially relevant data for our customers.
Malvern Panalytical is proud to create an environment for its employees in which they can learn, be challenged and reach their maximum potential. We pride ourselves in supporting the continued professional development of all of our staff through training and further qualifications. Our strength has always been our people and their dedication to their work.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Applications Development Scientist to join a dynamic team of engineers and scientists developing innovative scientific instrumentation.
Reporting to the R&D leader within the development group, the role of the Senior Applications Development Scientist includes the following key responsibilities:
- Advising product development teams regarding customer requirements, new product requirements and technical architecture from an applications perspective
- Evaluating new product prototypes against customer and application requirements
- Providing technical reports on analysis samples and associated methods
- Development of measurement standards and methodologies for new products
- Input to development of software (presentation, usability, functionality, performance)
- Analysis of measurement statistics of new and current products and associated standards
- Assisting product launch activities such as development of applications / sales / service training material
- Analyzing information from marketing customer feedback to improve new and current instrumentation platforms
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree qualification (or equivalent) in a scientific discipline, preferably with a chemical bias
- Laboratory experience with a variety of analytical instruments and measurement technologies
- Strong communication, report writing and presentation skills
- Structured and logical approach
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to work effectively with NPI and commercial groups
- Excellent organizational skills
The position is based at our headquarters in Malvern, Worcestershire, but travel both within the UK and worldwide may be required from time to time.
This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a talented team within a successful company, with a competitive salary complimented by an excellent benefits package.
Please note that owing to the high number of applications received we will ordinarily only contact you if you are invited to interview. All data is processed in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act.
Malvern is an ethical employer and we ask candidates not to share confidential information about other organizations, including their current employer, during any interview for a position within our organization.