- Software Engineer
- We are looking for a Software Engineer to contribute to the design, coding, testing and documentation of software as part of the development of our range of products. Reporting to the NPI Engineering Manager Software, the post-holder will be responsible for instrument systems, and in particular will ensure that the software design is robust so that programs are accurate, reliable and maintainable.
- Malvern, UK
About this position
Malvern Instruments designs, manufactures, markets and supports advanced analytical instrumentation worldwide, across many industries, for the characterization of a wide variety of materials, producing instruments that deliver industrially relevant data for our customers.
Malvern Instruments is proud to create an environment for its employees in which they can learn, be challenged and reach their maximum potential. We pride ourselves in supporting the continued professional development of all of our staff through training and further qualifications. Our strength has always been our people and their dedication to their work.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to contribute to the design, coding, testing and documentation of software as part of the development of our range of products. Reporting to the NPI Engineering Manager Software, the post-holder will be responsible for instrument systems, and in particular will ensure that the software design is robust so that programs are accurate, reliable and maintainable.
The post-holder will solve product software problems and related systems engineering issues, and will acquire, maintain and disseminate knowledge of up-to-date software technology and its potential application to the wider organization.
The ideal candidate for this role will:
- Be a Science graduate (in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or related subjects) with significant software content or equivalent experience gained in a software development environment.
- Have at least 2+ years’ experience in a software development environment.
- Be experienced in Windows programming in C# .Net
- Have experience of several of the following:
- Agile methodologies, especially Scrum
- Unit Testing
- Test driven development
- Microsoft Team Foundation service (TFS)
- Possess excellent team-working and communication skills, with the ability to work both within a team and under own initiative.
This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a talented team within a successful company, with a competitive salary complimented by an excellent benefits package.
The position will be based in Malvern, Worcestershire.
Please note that owing to the high number of applications received we will ordinarily only contact you if you are invited to interview. All data is processed in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act.
Malvern is an ethical employer and we ask candidates not to share confidential information about other organizations, including their current employer, during any interview for a position within our organization.