Cosmetics are generally powder or emulsion based products. Their quality and behavior are influenced by variations in particle size, particle shape, rheology, emulsion stability and composition. Legislation is increasing for the ingredients in cosmetic products, which is specifically related to the safety of the components with respect to their particle size.
Malvern provides a range of easy-to-use particle characterization, chemical identification and rheology systems which can be applied to the study of cosmetics.
Characterizing the physical and chemical properties of cosmetics can help:
- Optimize the stability and quality of formulations
- Enhance product and process knowledge
- Understand and reduce product issues and costs
- Streamline manufacturing processes
- Provide regulatory evidence
- Aid intellectual property protection.