Industrial detergents are used for removing dirt from various surfaces in a number of applications. Their cleaning ability arises from the presence of amphiphilic surfactant molecules. For these industrial surfactants, the micelle size and charge are key properties that influence product performance.
Malvern’s range of easy to use particle size and zeta potential instrumentation can be used in the study of industrial detergents and surfactants. These systems and our industry and application knowledge can be used to:
- Characterize the size of powder detergents
- Determine the critical micelle concentration of surfactants
- Understand the influence of pH and other dispersant conditions on micelle size
- Study the influence of surfactant concentrations on micelle size
- Study surfactant molecule adsorption
- Optimize consistent detergent performance.