Extrudate cutter accessories combined with die swell measurement.
- Prevent gravitational extension and thinning of the extrudate diameter during die swell measurement.
- Die Cutter periodically cuts extrudate by shearing a blade across the die exit face (RH2000 only).
- Die Cutter uses special dies with exit faces flush with bottom of capillary barrel.
- Blade assembly designed for easy removal for access to the die.
- Melt Cutter periodically cuts extrudate strand below die swell measurement unit with a scissor action.
- Automatic cutting action triggered when extrudate strand reaches the level of a sensor.
- Reflectance sensor as standard, with option of ultrasonic sensor for low reflectance samples.
- Malvern recommend that samples are tested to ensure cutter compatibility with a particular material type and application requirement – contact us for more information.